Academic departments are assigned resource coordinators (subject area librarians) who are responsible for acting as a liaison between the academic department and NSU Libraries. Resource coordinators provide the following services:
- Identifying and contacting service points within the library: If there are any questions about the library or its services, the resource coordinator for the department is there to help.
- Purchasing library materials: Examples include books, electronic resources, periodicals, maps, audio-visual materials, etc. Materials can be requested by contacting the appropriate resource coordinator for your academic department. The resource coordinator can also check on the status of existing orders.
- Library instruction: Contact the resource coordinator for your department to inquire about scheduling a library instruction class.
- Research assistance: The resource coordinator is also available to provide faculty assistance with their research. They can search databases, find relevant websites, or provide factual information or data.
- Program review or accreditation assistance: The resource coordinator is available to assist with the report as well as meet with site visit teams.