Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
Free Tax Preparation for Qualified Individuals
Less than $60,000)
WHEN: January 22 - April 13, 2015
CLOSED during Spring Break: March 15-22
WHERE: NSU Broken Arrow Library Building, BALB, formerly
Parking Note: Please park in VISITOR
parking on the EAST side of the campus close to the Library.
Hours: by appointment only, no walk-ins. Call 918-486-2471 to schedule an appointment.
5:30 pm - 8:30
Thursday 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday AM 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday PM 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
The VITA Program offers free tax preparation to low-to moderate income ($60,000 and below) people who would like a trained individual to prepare their tax returns. Certified volunteers sponsored by Northeastern State University receive training to help prepare basic tax returns for the community. Northeastern State University (Broken Arrow campus) and Community Action Resources and Development is now offering this program to you if you qualify. VITA prepares both Federal and State returns. The service is open to qualifying members of surrounding area communities, the campus community including their family members and friends.
Call for more information and to schedule an appointment:
These items are required to have taxes prepared and must be brought to the VITA site:
- Picture proof of identification
- Physical copy of Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration.
- Birth Dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package if they received one
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider's tax identifying number(the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number)
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- All documents issued that states "furnished to the IRS."
- Other relevant information about income and expenses.
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
Page maintained by Tom Rink: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: January 7, 2015