Services for Faculty/Staff
Resource Coordination and Instruction
- The NSU BA Library has four
Library faculty who, in addition to other duties,
specialize in providing Library instruction and information resource
coordination needs of NSU BA teaching faculty and their students.
Please contact the Library Faculty members listed below to explore the
full range of NSU BA Library services and
resources for your area.
Dr. Pamela Louderback
|Karl G. Siewert
Purchasing/Donating Library Materials for the NSU BA Library Collection:
- Faculty may request an item for purchase by the Library. Simply email the information to the appropriate Resource Coordinator for review of available funding and final approval.
are encouraged to provide supplimentary books. articles,
videos, and other materials on Reserve in the Library to suppliment assigned textbooks. Faculty may
request that materials be used by students in the library or they may
allow students to check out materials for selected short periods of
time. To place materials on Reserve in the NSU BA Library, please
contact Tom Rink : email@example.com
or contact via phone at: 918-449-6457.
- The NSU BA Library offers over 100 public access computer workstations in open settings as well as in two media-equipped library classroom/computer labs. Faculty may schedule these labs for single class use for testing or instructional sessions that requires students to use computer workstations. Contact the main NSU BA Circulation desk to request use of a Library Computer Lab. Check for class availability by looking at the online schedule for each classroom listed below.
- Computer Access Information for
Adjunct Faculty - print and fill out the NSU Computer Action Form,
obtain required department signatures and return it to your Department Chair.
Faculty/ Staff Library material Loan Periods:
- Main Collection/Youth Collection/Curriculum Materials – all semester
- Periodicals/Newspapers/Magazines – can be checked out by faculty members.
- Reference material – Materials can not be checked out unless permission is given by a resource coordinator.
- Audio visual – one week
- Reserve Collection – varies
- Laptops -- one week
Family of Faculty/Staff may also check out library materials. Loan rules are as follows:
Family of Faculty/Staff Loan Periods:
- Main Collection/Y Collection/Curriculum Materials – 3 weeks
- Periodicals/Newspapers/Magazines – Non-circulating
- Reference Material – Non-circulating
- Audio Visual – One week
- Reserve Collection – Varies
Number of Items that can be checked out at one time:
- Faculty: 100
- Staff: 100
- Library Staff: 100
- Family of Faculty/Staff: 100
- Faculty and Staff can place holds on materials via online or by contacting the circulation desk at: 918-449-6459 for assistance.
- Faculty and Staff are provided with 500 pages per semester at the library. Additional pages are available at $5.00 per 100 pages per semester.
Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan:
- Document delivery of books and articles that NSU holds at any of its three campus libraries is available. Document Delivery from Tahlequah to Broken Arrow normally takes 3 days for processing through campus mail.
- Interlibrary Loan services are available for obtaining materials from other libraries.
Page maintained by: Tom Rink
Last Updated: September 14, 2012