Remote Access to Library Resources - Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to change anything with my browser to access library resources
from off campus?
No. If you have a current active NT-NSU account userid and you go to http://library.nsuok.edu/Indexes/index.html and click on any subscription database link, you will be prompted for your NT-NSU userid and password. When you enter your userid and password, click SUBMIT and you will be authenticated by EZproxy and access to the database will be granted. It's as simple as that!
- Who is eligible to access electronic journals and databases?
Only faculty, staff, and students of NSU are authorized to access the subscription databases. The library catalog is free to everyone.
- How do I get a NSUnet account userid?
Visit the NSU Self-Service password manager to view your NSU UserID and set your password. If your password does not work and you are at the Tahlequah campus, go by the Microcomputing Services Center in room 104 of the Webb Center from 7:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. If you are at the Muskogee campus, contact the on site Microcomputing Support at x5023. You can also call the Help Desk at (918) 444-5678 (off campus) or x5678 (on campus).
- How do I connect to the NSU Library Databases?
- After obtaining your NSU UserID and password, point your browser to the NSU John Vaughan Library home page at http://library.nsuok.edu
- You may select full-text items conveniently located on our home page. You may select from A-Z List of Databases or Subject List of Databases
- I am not able to download the full-text of an online journal.
- Check the Library's catalog to make sure we have a current online subscription to the journal.
- Some online journals are password-protected and may be accessed only on-campus. You can visit the Information
(918) 444-3235, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain access.
- Help! I am still having trouble. What do I do now?
If you are experiencing difficulty logging on to one of the Library's online databases (i.e. EbscoHost) please contact the Information desk at (918) 444-3235 or email email@example.com. If you are using Internet Explorer and are having trouble accessing NSU resources in general, you can get technical assistance from 06:00 A.M. to 02:00 A.M. daily, except major holidays, by calling (918) 444-5678 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Page maintained by: Linda West email@example.com
Last Updated: December 11, 2011