Earth Day 2010
|Thursday, April 22, 2010 – 9am to 4pm
NSU John Vaughan Library will host a variety of information venues to help students, faculty and staff Go Green this Earth Day, Thursday, April 22, 2010. All venues will be in or near the John Vaughan Library south lobby from 9 am to 4 pm.
• Earth Day Videos will be streamed on the big screen TV in the south lobby 9 am to 4 pm.
• Going Green Information Booths will be hosted by local area government and community environmental groups from 11 am to 4 pm. Representatives from Tahlequah Farmers Market, Sustainable Tahlequah, Oklahoma Conservation Commission, Sparrow Hawk Gardens, the City of Tahlequah, and the United Keetoowah Band Environmental Department will be among the featured presenters.
• Re-Sculpt Contest Winner will be announced at 2pm.
• Earth Day Prize Drawing at 4 pm
See our Earth Day Reading list - http://library.nsuok.edu/events/earthdayread10.html or on display in the Library
Booths:• Julie Shannon - City of Tahlequah - City Planner
.. will collect "odd ball" recyclables, like batteries and old cell phones, plus info on where to route "odd" recyclables.
• Julie Gahn - Coordinator, Tahlequah Community Garden
.. will present info on Tquah community Garden(s)
• Leslie Moyer -- Sustainable Tahlequah
... will present info on Sustainable Tahlequah
• Gina Levesque -- Oklahoma Conservation Commission - Coordinator - Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
... will present info on Water conservation and quality in NE Oklahoma
• George Kilmer and John David Cutrell -- Sparrowhawk gardens project
.. will discuss Organic Gardening and demonstrate how to do (rain) Water Harvesting
Jane Corbin -- Farmer's Market VP
... will present info on Tquah Farmers Market & the importance of local food production
Summer King -- Keetoowah Cherokee Natural Resources Department
... will have an interactive water quality model of a bedrock groundwater system, similar to the type of environment found in northeastern Oklahoma.
Other related websites:EarthDay Network - A Billion Acts of Green - http://www.earthday.net/?skip=1
Oklahoma Food Cooperative - http://www.oklahomafood.coop/
Sustainable Green Country - http://www.sustainablegreencountry.org/main/
Oklahoma Sustainability Network - http://www.oksustainability.org/
Page maintained by: Linda West firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: March 12, 2010