BIOL 2221 - Microbiology
(Micro)biology Resources at NSU
Handbooks and manuals
- Laskin, A. et al. CRC handbook of microbiology. REF QR6 .C2
- Garrity, G. (ed.) Bergey's manual of systematic bacteriology (several volumes). REF QR81 .B46 2001
- Search the Library Catalog for more: http://library2.nsuok.edu
Biology article databases
- BioOne - http://is.gd/yGJU0M
- General Science Full Text - http://is.gd/U0FPT6
Getting to the databases
From the library's main page (http://library.nsuok.edu/), click on Articles and Databases, then on Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
Tips and Tricks
Remember the two most important Boolean search operators, AND and OR. If your searches are retrieving too many hits, try narrowing your search with AND (e.g. S. aureus AND antibiotic resistance). If you're getting too few, try OR (e.g. S. aureus OR C. difficile).
Don't forget print resources! Being able to access e-journals and other electronic resources is convenient, but some of the best resources are in print in the reference section or elsewhere in the library. You can use the library's catalog to find these resources.
- Contact the Subject Librarian for Science - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Natural Sciences
- College of Science & Health Professions Web site
Page maintained by: Brandon Oberg
Last Updated: April 30, 2014