Recommended by NSU Education Students
- Ask Jeeves for Kids (http://www.ajkids.com) is a plain english search engine for kids. Has some already formed subject guides but also allows questions to be entered. Site is child friendly.
- Earth and Moon Viewer (http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/vplanet.html) presents satellite images of Earth.
- FunBrain.com (http://www.FunBrain.com) is a learning game site. Game selections include subject areas like Numbers, Words, Culture, and Universe. Teachers can look up games by grade level.
- Great White Shark (http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/vertebrates/Doug/shark.html) Clearly written and with excellent photographs, this site provides basic info for a unit on sharks.
- Math Games (http://teacherpathfinder.org/School/Subjects/Math/mathgames.html) consists of links to a variety of math games for grades K-12.
- NickJr.com (http://www.nickjr.com) is primarily for preschoolers to do activities. It includes an information section for parents where they can get more information about Nick and other issues.
- Volcano World (http://volcano.oregonstate.edu) is an excellent site for a unit on volcanos. It includes pages just for kids, projects, lessons, updates on current volcanic activity and much more.
- Women of NASA (http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/women/intro.html) includes teaching tips and educational resources designed to encourage girls in the areas of math, science and technology.
- The Lesson Plan Library (http://school.discovery.com/lessonplans/) provides innovative teaching materials for teachers, useful and enjoyable resources for students, and smart advice for parents about how to help their kids enjoy learning and excel in school. The site is constantly reviewed for educational relevance by practicing classroom teachers in elementary school, middle school, and high school.
- Lesson Plans Page (http://www.lessonplanspage.com/index.htm) is an index of lesson plans by subject. choose a subject, choose a grade, and then choose from the list of lessons. Newly added plans are marked.
The Gateway (http://www.thegateway.org)
is an indexed lesson plan site covering all topics and all grades.
- Contact the Subject Librarian for Education - email@example.com
- College of Education Web site
- Department of Educational Foundations and Leadership
Page maintained by: Sarah Burkhead
Last Updated: November 5, 2009