Library Guide for Accounting 3123 (Contemporary Business Analysis)
The NSU Library provides access to a variety of business databases
which can be useful for finding public company reports and financial
data. Online resources containing significant company financial data and other information include:
EDGAR (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings)
Mergent (Includes company subsidiaries, and private companies)
Morningstar (Includes ten year income statement histories)
NetAdvantage (Standard & Poor's)
Thomson One Banker (Includes nine different peer sets / Works best with Explorer)
Value Line (On Campus) (Includes lists of industry peers)
Value Line (Off Campus) (Includes lists of industry peers)
Additional online resources:
Reference books containing data and information on public companies and industries (Tahlequah campus Library):
- Almanac of Business and Industrial Financial Ratios (also known as Troy) (Ref. HF 5681 .R25T68) The data is derived from IRS figures on U.S. and international companies.
- American Big Business Directory (Ref. HF 5035 .A49) Includes company credit ratings.
- Business Rankings Annual (Ref. HG 4050 .B88)
- Corporate Statements: The Official Missions, Goals, Principles and Philosophies of Over 900 Companies (Ref. HD 30.285 .H37)
- Industry Norms & Key Business Ratios (Dun & Bradstreet) (Ref. HF 5681 .R25I53) Public and private company data derived from the D&B Financial Information Base. This data is based on voluntary submissions.
- International Directory of Company Histories (Ref. HD 2721 .D36) More than 70 volumes containing thousands of company histories.
- Market Share Reporter (Ref. HF 5410 .M37)
- Mission Statement Book: 301 Corporate Mission Statements from America's Top Companies (Ref. HD 30.285 .A27)
- Mission Statements: A Guide to the Corporate and Nonprofit Sectors (Ref. HD 30.28 .G697)
- NAICS - North American Industry Classification System (2002 and 2007 versions)
- NAICS United States Structure, 1997, Including Relationship to 1987 U.S. SIC (Ref. HF 1042 .N5 1997) - Also available online: NAICS and SIC Correspondence Tables
- North American Industry Classification System, 1997 ( Ref. HF 1042 .N6 1998) (1997 NAICS codes)
- North American Industry Classification System, 2002 (Ref. HF 1042 .N6 2002) (1997 NAICS codes, updated in 2002)
- 101 Mission Statements from Top Companies (Ref. HD 30.285 .A267)
- Organization Charts (Ref. HD 38 .O738)
- RMA Annual Statement Studies (Ref. HF 5681 .B2R58) This data is derived from statements of financial institutions' borrowers and prospects, and annual corporate submissions.
- Say It and Live It: The 50 Corporate Mission Statements That Hit the Mark (Ref. HD 30.285 .J66)
- Standard Industrial Classification Manual (Ref. HF 1042 .A55) (1987 codes) - Also available online: SIC
- Contact the Subject Librarian for Business - email@example.com
- Gary Cheatham's Home Page
- College of Business & Technology Web site
Page maintained by: Gary Cheatham firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: May 6, 2014