1. Assess needs and provide direction for the Technical Services Program.
a. Review supply budget needs for 2011/12
b. Review equipment needs for 2011/12.
c. Review mission statements, fall 2011
d. Update Technical Services pages, summer 2011.
2. Coordinate personnel to effectively accomplish Technical Services' goals.
a. Support objectives of departments by insuring that individual jobs are appropriately assigned.
b. Respond to any change in staffing in Technical Services
c. Perform job description reviews and staff evaluations, fall 2011.
3. Evaluate, prioritize and coordinate special projects introduced by Technical Services Departments or other library programs.
a. Regularly receive reports on Departmental objectives.
b. Provide information to the Library about progress and statistics.
c. Plan and coordinate the project to barcode Government Publications microfiche. Plan summer 2011, start project fall 2011.
4. Coordinate information flow with the Dean of Libraries, area Directors, other units.
a. Attend Library Leadership Team meetings.
b. Revise sub-unit information for the Strategic plan/University Planning Group
c. Publish a quarterly Technical Services newsletter to communicate information.
5. Library Webpages and Statistics
a. Migrate the JVL Digital Library, summer/fall 2011.
b. Do a content inventory of the Library website, spring 2012
c. Continue to provide up to date information for the Library Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Library Website.
d. Compile annual statistical report for the library. Post files to the Library webserver.
e. Explore ways to archive statistics for the library with Vickie Sheffler.
6. Celebrate accomplishments of Departments during the year.
Page maintained by: Linda West.
Last update: October 26, 2011