Highlights of Technical Services Accomplishments:
- Worked closely with areas of the library to accomplish faster responses to
developments. Strengthened daily ties to Government Publications,
Interlibrary Loan, and Circulation - meeting the challenges of the new library
paradigm which demands daily give and take between areas of the library - All
- Provided On Order records for all new materials ordered during the year.
Received favorable feedback for the new enhancement - Acquisitions Team..
- Barcoded 6,958 Government Publications to enable automated circulation.
Cooperately planned barcoding, circulation startup and check in projects with
Government Publications and Circulation to reduce backlogs and expedite
materials - Data Initiation Team and Quality Control Team
- Officially closed the "Main Collection" shelf list eight years after the initial
automation of the library database. Streamlined manual operations and
created one location for serial manual records - Data Initation Team and
Quality Control Team.
- Performed compression of holdings screens for 875 bindery periodical titles
with five members in one month's time. Simplified patron access to
information - Quality Control Team.
- Developed a new vision statement to take us into the 21st century and
challenge us to constantly improve our services - Coordination Team.
- Planned new workflows and building plans to respond to needs for workers
with increased technology skills and needs for equipment with capabilities to
multi-task various cataloging and other technical services tools.
- Reclassified one half of the VHS videorecording collection to the Library of
Congress classification. Responding to needs of Reserve and Circulation to
provide automated counts of AV materials by subject area - Data Initiation
- Total materials handled by separate tasks in Technical services: